Create Cute Construction Paper Flowers Handmade Gift Filled with Love
Flowers are perfect as gift for any occasion. We feel a glimpse of happiness whenever we see one, right?
Construction paper flowers are used a lot to create gift items these days. What if I told you that you can also come up with your very own flower pattern using construction paper... yes, you can!
Even if you’re a beginner in craft this can be a great start. If you’re wondering why should you learn paper crafting then here’s why... It has endless possibilities, one of the most popular handmade gifts and anything handmade is undoubtedly priceless and filled with love.
So next time you plan to buy a gift for your loved one, please take a moment, think... Wouldn’t it be great if you rather made a paper craft gift with your own hand than buy a gift from the store? So, try making one as a gift for a dear person.
Time Required: 20 minutes
Difficulty level: Moderate
Things you’ll need:
- Construction Paper – of 3 different colours, you can choose any colours you want; I’m using red, black and peach.
- A pair of scissors
- Craft glue or any kind of adhesive
- Pencil – to draw the petal pattern on the paper
Follow the Instruction to Make This Super Cute Construction Paper Flower!
- 1st Step :- Take a piece of black construction paper (0.5 inch x 2 inches). Cut small fringes on it using scissors.
- 2nd Step :- Roll the black fringed paper neatly and glue the end to secure the roll.
Note: Try to keep the fringes as thin and even as possible. Don’t rush, take it nice and slow.
- 3rd Step :- Take a different colored paper and cut a circle out of it. My circle was about 3 inches across.
- 4th Step :- Grab your scissors and start cutting a spiral pattern from the outside of the circle and cutting it toward the centre of the circle.
- 5th Step :- Done cutting the spiral pattern? Start rolling the spiral paper from its outer edge. Keep rolling the paper around the spiral pattern.
- 6th Step :- When you’ll reach the end let go the roll and let it loosen up a bit. Apply glue on the bottom side of the spiral pattern when you’re satisfied with the flower shape.
Trick: While rolling the spiral pattern make sure to hold the roll tightly, do not let go of the roll until reaching the centre of the spiral. After reaching the end let it loosen up and watch it bloom!
- 7th Step :- Take a piece of red construction paper and cut it into square (4 inches x 4 inches). Fold the paper into half 2 times. (Picture-10, 11)
- 8th Step :- Take your pencil and draw a petal shape on the folded paper by keeping the edges pointy. You can use template but its more fun in free hand drawing.
- 9th Step :- Take the scissors and cut the folded paper along the traced line. Unfold after cutting it. Similarly cut another one of the same size. Now we have 2 pieces of two dimensional 4 petal paper flowers.
- 10th Step :- Take the 4 petal flowers and glue them together, one on the top of the other piece by rotating the one on top to make sure all 8 petals are visible. Now we have an 8 petal flower!
Tips: Apply a small amount of glue on the centre of the bottom piece and then carefully place the centre of the other piece on the glued part. Quickly fix its position before the glue dries.
- 11th Step :- Now glue the rolled flower piece right on the centre of the 8 petal flower. And finally glue the rolled black fringe piece in the centre of the rolled piece.
Tips: While gluing the rolled black fringe piece remember to apply glue on the bottom side of the piece and then place it on the centre of the rolled piece. Hold and press firmly to make sure it is placed perfectly.
- 12th Step:- Now the final touch! Squeeze the pointy edges any one petal and gently press to give it a nice fold along the centre. Do the same for all other petals and you’re almost done!
Note: Remember not to create the folds on the petals before adding the rolled flower and rolled fringe piece. And also keep in mind not to press the folds on the petal too hard, it just needs a firm and nice fold line.
You can use this construction paper flower for many kinds of gifts, such as to decorate gift box, packages or baskets; to make greeting cards, wreath etc. You can also frame them to create a wall art.
Hope you enjoyed the creation of this super cute flower! Try making one and don’t forget to share a picture of it with us!
More Paper Craft Ideas
Subscribe For Free paper Craft Gift Updates!