Make Your Own Paper Flowers for Gifts – Express Your Affection Through A Symbol of Love- Rose
Rose blooms and freshens one’s mind on being sighted or moreover being gifted by a dear one. Maybe it is birthday, anniversary or any occasion gifting a rose or a bouquet of roses or an object that accompanies a decoration of roses is pleasant and joyous.
This birthday of my loved and adored friend I thought of making my own paper flowers, not natural but hand-made paper-craft Rose as well as a Quilled Rose.
It made her day and we hugged by the feeling of being overwhelmed. I was content to have made the decision of preparing this home-made gift of Roses.
Following are the ideas of 3 easy to make designs of Paper Roses.
Materials you will require:
- Colorful Tinted papers or some decorative thick papers
- Quilling strips
- A spool of thread
- Color Sketch pens or Markers
- Glue or Adhesive
- Ruler (Small or big as per your convenience)
Time of Preparation: 20 to 30 minutes
Make your own paper flowers Gifts in Just 20 Minutes
The 1st One is Exclusive Paper Craft Rose
- 1st Step :- Collect colorful papers, scissors, glossy thread and adhesive, on your working table.
- 2nd Step :- Cut the square shape from the light pink paper.
- 3rd Step :- Fold the paper half.
- 4th Step :- Fold it again at half, as seen in the image below.
- 5th Step :- Fold the formed-shaped diagonally half.
- 6th Step :- Carefully fold the triangular shape, touching the edges.
After you fold, cut the portion above the smaller flap, to form a shape as seen in the picture.
- 7th Step :- Unfold the paper to observe the basic form to proceed creating a paper rose.
Carefully cut the alternate creases until before the center, just to create slits. The flaps produced from the slits should appear like a hill with tapering vertices at the top.
- 8th Step :- Coil the edge of individual petal formed by the slits. Coil them to form a conical form.
- 9th Step :- Stick it after coiling it half the size of petal. It will stabilize the pattern.
- 10th Step :- Gently coil the remaining petals around this conical form.
- 11th Step :- As you finish coiling the final petal, tie the glossy thread at the bottom to fasten its structure.
The first paper Craft rose is ready. Prepare some more to perfect the practice and getting a hold over its making.
Make Your 2nd Paper flower with Popular Technique of Quilling
- 1st Step :- Collect quilling strips of the color you like, scissor, adhesive and the bag you want to paste and decorate them with.
- 2nd Step :- Take the quilling strip. I use blue strip. Stick the one of the two ends of the strip at the right place on the bag.
- 3th Step :- Make the first coil like a knot. Turn the quill and pass it through the loop to form a light knot. Tighten it to form like a triangular pattern.
Fold the strip at each triangular corner to attribute it with a peculiar form.
- 4th Step :- Paste the end of the strip cautiously. Paste a long strip below the rose to make its branch. The quilled rose is ready and already beautifying the bag.
- 5th Step :- Prepare one more next to it, a little smaller one, and decorate the background as it suits. Prepare some leaves.
- 6th Step:- Change the bag and prepare a new rose of different color and see the exotic variation.
Make Your 3rd Paper flower with Very Simple yet a Unique Quilled Technique
- 1st Step :- Take a background hand-made paper and a red quilling strip. Quill the strip using a quilling tool.
- 2nd Step :- Paste another colored (I chose orange) strip to the red one after an interval of 4 or 5 coils. Gluing them together is important to keep it stable and unmoving. Now there will be two quilling strips coiled together.
- 3rd Step :- Make 8 to 10 concentric coils.
- 4th Step :- Press the form to create a triangular shape at three junctions.
- 5th Step :- Loosen the strips a little.
- 6th Step :- Stick the end to finish the loop of coils.
- 7th Step :- Create another such coil of varying size and stick them on your hand-made paper. Paste a strip as a branch to the rose and prepare some leaves as shown in the picture.
How to Gift the Roses
Gifting a rose whether natural or artificial is not important but the emotion it carries is very significant.
Make as many roses you want and tie them in a form of bunch or bouquet. You could just place them in a bowl with other natural flowers and place them on a center table.
Make your own roses flowers and Gift them by including other accessories and novelties to your loved one either in some gift box or in a decorative bag.
The quilled rose on the bag could be gifted with some chocolates or any sweets or any other gift you’d like in it. You could also present many number of decorative bags to your loved ones as bags prove useful.
Subscribe For Free paper Craft Gift Updates!