Beautiful Paper Quilling Flower Gifts
Simple steps to begin these flower gifts for your loved ones!
Are you tired of the same old paper flower folds, but need affordable, beautiful gifts that you can make at home? Paper quilling flower gifts will be the perfect budget friendly gift solution! Anyone can begin with items they already have around the house.
This is a relaxing method of paper gift creation. You will enjoy the Zen atmosphere. There are many ways to mix and match your flowers to create a gift for anyone on your list.
To Begin Paper Quilling Flower Gifts You Will Need the Following:
- Paper: type doesn’t matter. Magazines, construction paper, printer paper. Any type will work.
Spiral Quilling Flower Technique
- 1st Step :- Start at one end of your strip of paper and roll it in on itself. Try and keep it a tightly rolled spiral.
- 2nd Step :- Put a dab of glue on the end of the strip and hold it together until the glue dries.
You can pick the tightness of your flower by letting go of your spiral to let it uncoil slightly.
- 3rd Step :- Glue the Spirals together to create a Flower
Curly Flower or Leaf Spiral
- 1st Step :- Take a strip and beginning at one end roll it up into a spiral around a pen.
- 2nd Step :- Before gluing, loosen the spiral so it is about an inch across.
- 3rd Step :- Glue the end tab, and hold while the glue dries.
- 4th Step :- Add in a tight spiral to the center, and separate the outer spirals rings by rolling it up from the center slightly.
- 5th Step :- Create an oval with your fingers.
- 6th Step :- Pinch the side together, and crease those folds.
- 7th Step :- Let go of your pinched side and you have a finished Petal or Leaf. Put a dab of glue on the center spiral so the two stay together.
- 8th Step :- Glue the Petals together to create a Flower
Simple Spiral Heart Flower
- 1st Step :- Take a strip of paper and fold it in half.
- 2nd Step :- Roll each side of the paper into a tight spiral, stopping about an inch from the bend
- 3rd Step :- Hold it in place for a few minutes so it will hold it’s form.
- 4th Step :- Repeat for a total of 5 strips, then glue hearts together.
S Shaped Leaf
- 1st Step :- Take your strip and roll it into a tight spiral. Hold it for a few seconds then let it uncoil until it is a little under an inch wide.
- 2nd Step :- After the glue dries, pinch each side of the circle, then push your fingers towards each other so it shapes the circle into an S.
Attaching your quilling flower to gifts:
- 1st Step :- Run a thin line of glue across the bottom of your flower.
- 2nd Step :- Place your flower, glue side down onto your paper. You will have a few minutes to move it into the perfect position as the glue dries.
Now that you have the basic technique down, you can begin building paper quilling flower gifts for your friends and family! Use the different folds to mix and match, creating your own unique 3D flowers and leaves.
Subscribe For Free paper Craft Gift Updates!